Why hire an online running coach?
You might be reading this and thinking to yourself, “Why do I need a running a coach? I can Google, for example, ‘5k training plan for beginners’, ’10k training plan’, ‘half marathon training plan’ or ‘intermediate marathon training plan’, and there are a plethora of free training plans and resources out there that I can use by myself”. This is totally true, and there are some great plans out there that you can follow by yourself.
But what will these free plans NOT give you? They aren’t individualized and customized to:
(a) truly meet you where you’re at now in your running journey, at your experience level and at your current level of fitness and build from there;
(b) focus on your specific training goals depending on what you want to achieve, especially in a particular event;
(c) examine your strengths and weaknesses (we all have both!) and tailor your program to address and improve your personal weaknesses and enhance your personal strengths.
Another massively important benefit of having a running coach is that, based on your feedback, they can adjust your training program for you on a weekly basis to take into account several factors:
- Are some workouts too easy / too hard?
- Are some workouts just not fun and you need help to look at what motivates you and what you’ll enjoy doing?
- Life happens and you have different work or family commitments in particular weeks, and you need to adjust your training accordingly.
- You might encounter an injury issue and need to modify your training around that.
A coach does all of this thinking and planning for you, freeing you up to simply concentrate on your training.
Last but not least, another great service offered by a running coach is this one – ACCOUNTABILITY. A coach is there to encourage and motivate you to get out there and carry out your training to the best of your ability, and to cheer you on as you strive to reach your goals!
With all that said, here is the online coaching plan I offer here at Lynne Flores Running LLC.
- Personalized training plan through Team RunRun (https://teamrunrun.com/) using TrainingPeaks, reviewed (and adjustments made if necessary) weekly (either email feedback or a Zoom call, whichever you prefer).
- Unlimited communication throughout the week via text/email/Messenger/WhatsApp.
- Personalized, periodized strength training for runners program.
- Nutritional guidance (if you wish)
- Race Day planning (if you wish)
$100 per month (with 50% off your first month), plus a one-time fee of $19 to join Team RunRun. If you wish, you can check out my Team RunRun coach profile here ➡️ https://teamrunrun.com/coach/lynne-flores-denver-running-coach/ .
If you’d like to know more, and/or set up a free initial 30-minute consultation, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .